Hexalong - 103 hexagons

You can join in this Hexalong at any time and use the templates I am using or just do your own hexagons.  The starter post for the HAL is here.  Share anything you make in the Lily's Quilts Flickr Group.  After piecing and piecing and piecing and piecing hexagons on holiday, I came back to find two delicious Moda layer cakes on my doormat.  Northcote Range by Cabbages and Roses


which contains wonderful vintage style chintz large and small scale prints and stripes.


And Etchings by 3 Sisters


which contains beautiful Paris map and architectural and vintage script prints.



I chose these because they match both the colour scheme of my Hexalong fabrics as well as the vintage, shabby chic style.  Without further ado, I basted an additional 50 or so large scale, unpieced hexagons from these two layer cakes bringing my total to the 103 required for my quilt (11 rows of 9 plus 4 more on the final row).  Next step, lay out the whole lot on the design wall and start piecing but right now I'm pretty excited to have 103 hexagons ready to go.  


Comments

  1. I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovin those 3 sisters etchings ... especially the paris map ... how exciting that you're ready to go go go ... yay!

    (dunno why google's muckin up me moniker?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with hexagons... to bad they aren't in love with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the next step...do you have a design wall or will you be putting them on the floor and climbing a ladder to get a better look?! The layer cakes are fabulous - can't wait to see the big hexies with the pieced ones, the big stripes are particularly nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne those layer cakes look a perfect fit! Love the paris map print especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those will look lovely in your quilt. I've got so many to baste it'll take me forever to finish. Keep getting distracted! Can't wait to see how you put yours together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One hexie for every room in your house!! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize your HAL was as open ended as it is so I just posted some pics of my red and white quilt I've been working on. I'm at 769 hexies and counting! I'm a quilting newbie (only been quilting since November). Love your site and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne,
    Just ordered etchings! You find the most wonderful fabrics.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you - those fabrics are indeed a fab find.I am still hexing away but stalled due to lack of appropriate fabric and I def need some whole hexies to quieten things down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these two lines! Do you think they'd combine well with the French General lines?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the etchings fabric, I will have to purchase some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing them come together. Love th vintage look of these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynne
    I love those two collections together. Great job. I can't wait to see the rest.
    Modalissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fabric ranges Lynne, love those hexies. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I love Etchings! Another to put on the fabric lust-list!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Northcote and am trying hard to resist buying it. I hadn't really looked at Etchings but I love it too. Your quilt is going to be just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am wondering if it's too late to join the hexalong? I was tempted when you started the hexalong this summer but had way to many projects at the time. I have since fallen in love with vertile hexagon shape after seing so many pictures of the groups progress. Today I finally started my hexagon quilt although it will not be hand stitched - last quilt nearly did me in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my - rather wish I hadn't looked at this post. I LOVE both those fabric packs - they are simply screaming at me.... little threads waving in the air "Buy me, Buy me!".

    I will be following the hexalong with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you have alot done. I have barely started but I hope to get more done soon. I love having something to work on in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)