My week on Instagram

For anyone not on Instagram, here's my second weekly round up of my week on Instagram where I'm @lilysquilts.  So first up this week is a quilt which was in Love Patchwork & Quilting last month made from Anna Maria Horner's Pretty Potent line.


A close up photo shows the quilting which was straight lines either side of the seams using a bright pink Aurifil 50wt for extra bada boom.  


Second up was this Lone Star Circle quilt I made for Krista Hennebury's new book, Make It, Take It which contains loads of lovely projects for you to make on retreat or take to retreat and will be coming out next month.

 

And finally there is a little sneak peek of a quilt I made this week using Suffolk Garden by Brie Harrison for Dashwood Studio.  I was showing the different effects you can get on a quilt by denser or looser quilting.  Looser quilting, shown on the left, makes for a softer, smooshier quilt whereas denser quilting gives a more structured, stiffer but, I think, more professional finish.  But really it's just a matter of personal taste! 


As last week, please let me know if you're on Instagram and what your name is over there so I can go and find your photo stream.  

Comments

  1. I just joined instagram today!
    I am @ipatchandquilt
    Lovely overview of your week! Would love to get so much quilting done in a week. I have been playing with EQ7, some successes, some failures, but in the end all is well!
    Bye bye!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Godfrey woman! How do you get so much done in one week?? Love the dense quilting on that last one! I'm mamaspark59 in IG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the dense quilting but my gosh doesn't it take forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilts! I'm on IG @janinesmith81.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty quilts! I'm pretty new to Instagram, but have been loving the 'behind the scenes' quilting! @sweetfeetstitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne! I'm re_engineered on IG. I love the bright pink thread you used on the AMH quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne,
    your Lonestar Quilt looks fantastitc! What beautiful colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne! Your quilts above are stunning. I'm @artandstole in IG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilts. I tried making a Lone Star quilt just a few months back but didnt have a great pattern and so gave up, finding it too difficult to match the points. Think I will take a look at that book you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilts. I am a huge fan of dense straight-line quilting. I don't have tons going on on IG, but I'm artsycraftsyivy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your work! I'm all for straight line quilting ~ my most favorite and yours looks lovely! Waiting for Christa's book to come out ~ looks like there's some fun projects in it! I'm going to find you over on instagram ~ I'm @elsabean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finishes! I just started following you on instagram, I am @MeadowMistDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a wonderful productive and beautiful week - are your weeks twice as long as mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the Lone Star Circle quilt! Yet another book to add to my wish list :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your AMH quilt! I am not usually into her fabrics, but your quilt is a perfect way to use the bold prints. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)