So I am day five on the Sizzix Blog Hop. I made this pillow a couple of weeks ago as my parents' Christmas "card" (don't ask) and the tutorial to make this pillow is my stop on the blog hop.
For more information about the Sizzix patchwork and quilting range, click here. And here are the stops before and after me in this blog hop:
Monday 19th November - Angela Southey
Tuesday 20th November - Tacha Bruecher/Fat Quarterly
Wednesday 21st November - Katy Jones
Thursday 22nd November - Hadley Gordon
Friday 23rd November - Moi
- Various scraps for the stars and circles (32 scraps min 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" and 32 min 1 1/2" square).
- Approx 3/4yd background fabric for paper piecing and sashing. Before paper piecing, cut one 1" WOF strip and two 1 1/2" WOF strips for sashing the pillow.
- Wadding for the pillow front 22" x 22".
- Fusible web for attaching the baubles.
- You will also need additional fabric / wadding / zip to finish the pillow back as desired.
3. Foundation paper piece four of template A and four of template B. Note that there is a 1/4" seam allowance but a 1/2" allowance around the outside of the finished block, so the block will measure 9" square once pieced.
4. Piece one star by first sewing the templates A and B into pairs.
5. Then sew two of those into pairs.
9. Cut the 1 1/2" WOF strips into two lengths of 18" and two lengths of 20". Sew the two 18" lengths to the top and bottom of the pillow top.
11. Following manufacturer's instructions, fuse fusible web to the back of the fabric scraps being used for the baubles. Cut thirty-two 1" circles using the Sizzix 1" circles die and fuse to the pillow front.
12. Finish the pillow as desired.