I scaled the block up so that each finished square in the design will be 4 1/2". And I re-drew the block in squared paper so that it was made up of 64 squares (many split into HSTs). Camille's pattern is done differently - and probably 99% of you would say better - in that she uses flying geese, larger squares, rectangles etc. to save on sewing seams. I divided it into 64 squares (i) because I find it easier to cut just two shapes for a whole block; (ii) because I find it easier to keep track of what I'm piecing it's one great big nine patch (well 64 patch); and (iii) because I like the look of seams going around every square. In the picture above, you can see how I broke the block up into squares.
Because the blocks are significantly bigger than in the original design, I re-drew the block with four main colours in the star, rather than two. With squares cut at 5" for the plain squares and 5 1/2" for pairs of HSTs, each colour can be cut from one FQ. Block 2 of 4 is ready to piece, waiting on the dining room table patiently.