Thursday, 22 April 2010

Eve's quilt now also finished

Eve's quilt is finished and here it is hanging on the washing line. I did finish it over the weekend but we have guests staying at the moment and I feel silly pegging it out on the line and taking photos of it. I think they might think I'm a bit odd.

This is the lovely IKEA fleecy backing which makes the whole thing very soft and cosy. Eve is at school so I don't yet have a photo of her standing next to it proudly or sitting on it on a garden bench but will resolve that tonight and post tomorrow (or whenever my guests are next not looking).
And here is the quilt having a little rest from all its modelling work and relaxing on the fence. Can you see my shadow in the picture? Look how I hold up my little finger. That shows I'm posh.
I have noticed that it is de rigueur for quilt blogs to have photos of our quilts in different places, doing different things; relaxing in the park, climbing a tree etc so that is something I think I need to start getting into. For starters, here is Eve's quilt warming up on the Aga after a tough photo shoot in the garden, having a little lie down on the sofa to recuperate, having a quick game of Mario Quilt Brothers on the PS3 and then playing on the skateboard in the sitting room which is actually not allowed in our house.







































4 comments:

  1. Ha! You're so funny. I always feel a little funny when I take my quilts outside for a photo--I think I'll take photos of them reading books and making dinner from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a busy quilt!!! I love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, you've made my day again :) This is so funny. I especially love the quilt "warming up on the Aga after a tough photo shoot" and the quilt is lovely, too.
    I've been sick (some kind of a nasty cold) this whole week and mainly in bed, only occasionally checking for new blog posts, but this evening it suddenly came to me that I don't know the older posts in your blog. So I've started from the beginning and have already been laughing quite a lot. (And admiring your quilts, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had the same thought as Tusen, having just only discovered quilters blogland I thought I'd do some retrospective surfing of my favourites and found this oh so entertaining entry. Funny isn't it only 3 comments back then, my how you've grown!!
    Bet those (model) quilts wont get out of bed for less than $10,000 these days!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away peeps :-)