My low volume bundle

Low volume fabrics, low volume quilts, low volume bundles and low volume blocks.  The new craze sweeping the modern quilters.  And now I have put together a low volume FQ bundle in collaboration with Brenda from Pink Castle Fabrics.  And for this weekend only, my bundle and all the bundles over at Pink Castle have 20% off using code BUNDLE20.

My low volume bundle

These are stash essentials for the modern quilter.  Once white sashing was all the rage.  Then grey was the new white.  Then mixed neutrals were the new grey.  And now low volume fabrics are the neutral, the background, the sashing of choice.  I love them paired with Oakshotts as in this EPP quilt block I am working on for the FQ retreat.

Oakshott and low volume EPP

Or in this beautiful quilt with Cathy Cabbage Quilts made this summer.

Oakshott Flowers

I also love them paired with strong, vibrant prints as in the Windmills and Trees quilt I made over the summer.

Comments

  1. Bundle is great, and wow, I LOVE what you're doing with that Lipari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this look, a lot, and just noticed this gorgeous quilt on Flickr---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44430395@N06/8075797408/. Thanks for keeping me up to date on the new trends. Although I have been seeing quilts like this recently, it hadn't sunk into my brain yet that this was a NEW trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do try and keep up but white is the new grey is the new bundle has me lost again, adrift in the great wide sea of quilting that you navigate with such skill. I'd better get rowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bundle is great and the Windmill and Trees is beautiful ~ the colors are so vibrant against the light back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bundle and I love that Oakshott block! I was playing with mine last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Windmills & Trees so much! Did you give up on your idea of doing a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your windmills quilt. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Low volumne by itself...not happening at my house, my taste is a way to loud. But low volume with a hit of noise or colour, now you're talking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, I can't even spell the word volume...sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I've been quilting for a couple of years I still feel like a new quilter. I do not understand: "Low volume fabrics, low volume quilts, low volume bundles and low volume blocks." Can you explain this to me or give me a site where I can read about it?
    BTW, loved yesterday's post about Lemoyne Stars. That's a technique I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a fab bundles, if ever I saw one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a gorgeous bundle (how does Brenda do her amazing coupons??) and I like low volume aith bright colours as in your incredible windmills and trees - just beautiful. BTW, your amazing box of treasures arrived at my mum's - I have a feeling it may weigh less than 4.3KG when I get to see it at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello? Anyone can explain what low volume refers to / means?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving this low volume trend. I have made a couple of quilts and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving your oakshott epp block, very yummy. Thanks for the linky love too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)