Eternal Maker Fat Quarter Clubs

Well I've mentioned before that I am a bit scared of picking out fabrics so tend to rely on the experts' choices.  With this in mind, I signed up to Eternal Maker's Fat Quarter clubs and this quarter's picks were a lot of fun as usual.  The moda club had these Trade Winds fabrics by Lily Ashbury.  Bright, rich vibrant colours and patterns - think Indian summers and spices imported from India.




The Japanese bundle is pretty much the opposite - subtle prints, muted colours - all Nani Iro prints and all on double gauzes.  These have a lovely soft lineny feel and are much easier to sew with than you would think at first touch.  I use a bit of starch to hold them in place and then they behave just like quilting cottons although with a softer touch.



And then back in your face for the Designer Fat Quarter Club.  Happy Drawing from Cloud Nine Fabrics with wonderful Ed Emberley drawings as well as that scribble fabric which I love.


Comments

  1. Some interesting fabrics here - you are so very brave joining fabric clubs - there is no way I could do this

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic, Lynne. Are these the one you got, or are these samples from the shop? It would be one way of expanding the stash, but I would be worried I would end up with fabrics I would never use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be fun waiting for these parcels each month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 4th lot down. Very 50s curtain-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a trade winds charm pack two weeks ago and I keep looking at them. Its gorgeous fabric: am going to paper piece it somehow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am completely in love with Tradewinds. So much so that I splurged on a Layer Cake. I was planning to piece it very simply, sashing each 10 inch block with a moda white jellyroll - quick but fabulous as I cannot bear to cut into the gorgeous Tradewinds fabrics. But then I saw a series of nine patches that were slashed from corner to corner and then pieced. Ooh, lovely! So, no idea what I'll do but loving the fabrics all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics sent there! I look at the clubs and wonder if the price is worth it? =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)