A Flying Geese pennant block for Not Quite Dear Jane

Now those people at FQ have only gone and got me hooked on flying geese which means my Not Quite Dear Jane quilt will be more a Not Quite Flying Jane quilt - well I guess I can go with that. So I made one of the first outer pennants because it seemed that would really suit having a couple of geese flying across the centre. This one's dead centre and straight but I have a feeling they're going to get quirkier and wonkier. The new aqua spots accidentally ended up in my bag yesterday when I popped back into Quiltessential and the nice lady saw me coming and mentioned that they had some new fabrics in, one of which really lifts the colours in my Flying Jane. I wasn't really in the mood for fabric shopping but bought it out of kindness to the nice lady.
And she had also broken one of the unwritten and unspoken rules of running a quilt shop and allowed her husband to choose some fabrics. But guess what. He'd chosen one of my current favourite lines, Fleur Nouveau by Don Baker, shown below from the Fat Quarter Shop. This bodes well for future fabric shopping in Cromford on my way home from Matlock Sainsburys.
And many happy returns to me on my onemonthablogaversary.

Comments

  1. Happy bloganniversary. Love the block. ALmost teepeeish. Like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your awesomely named not quite Dear Jane quilt!

    I've been enjoying reading your posts and thanks for adding me to your bloglist :) It's great (or should that be dangerous?) to find links to UK fabric shops I didn't know about. I'll have to have a think to see if I can come up with any comments on your posts about what I'd like to see the shops doing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)