Wonderland by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics

Today is my stop on a blog hop sharing projects made with Katarina Roccella's wonderful new line, Wonderland for Art Gallery Fabrics, available through Hantex in the UK.


I'm such a fan of her fabrics, every new line she brings out makes me want to make something with it and this line really caught my eye both with the palette and with the wonderful little Alice figures on the feature print.  You can see the three Alices on the image below.


I wanted to concentrate on the Alice with branches in her hair and use her as the centre of each of the blocks in the quilt.


I was trying to work out how to insert diamonds between the octagons and through the sashing strips and I'm not convinced I found the easiest way in hindsight!


Here's a photo of the finished quilt hanging in my back garden with all the Alices sitting in the centre of each block.  The quilt is quilted using an Aurifil cream 50wt thread in a diagonal cross hatch of lines approximately 2" apart and will be featured in an upcoming edition of Quilt Now magazine in case you wish to make your own version.  


For the remainder of the blog hop, you can follow the links below. 

1.  ERICA TOOLE - October 5th
2.  LAURA SCARAMELLA of SIMPLE LIFE COMPANY – October 6th
3.  DANA BOLYARD - October 7th
4.  RACHAEL GANDER - October 8th
5.  HEATHER and MEG of QUILT STORY - October 9th
6.  JOELLEN KEMPER of SEW ILLUMINATED - October 10th
7.  STACY BARRETT of a VINTAGE FAIRYTALE - October 11th
8.  ERICA JACKMAN - October 12th
9.  KATHLEEN RIGGINS - October 13th
10. MARIJA VUJČIĆ - October 14th
11. SVETLANA SOTAK - October 15th
12. KYLIE KELSHEIMER of SEW KYLIE - October 16th
13. ALEXIS WRIGHT of MY SWEET SUNSHINE - October 17th
14. LYNNE GOLDSWORTHY - October 20th
15. HEMAMALINI - October 19th
16. MICHELLE WILKIE - October 18th

Comments

  1. Beautiful fabric made into a gorgeous quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very challenging those diamonds! Curious to see the construction up close and personal. I too inserted squares on a pineapple quilt once (and only time) and it was a true nightmare! Frogged it over and over and over! Your quilt looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not have found the easiest way to insert those squares (I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to call them diamonds...) but they're very effective and I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)