Grab your sunglasses

Grab your sunglasses for this quilt I made for Quilt Now magazine using Jungle Ave by Sara Lawson for Art Gallery fabrics.  I had designed a much fussier quilt but, when the fabrics arrived, it didn't feel right so I emailed the editor of Quilt Now, Katy I'm A Ginger Monkey Jones and said - mmm - I'm stuck now, my idea isn't going to work with these fabrics.  And she said - to show them off to their best, you need a brick quilt.  So a brick quilt is what I did.  Once again the maths was a bit of a nightmare and Touchdraw was a life saver in terms of drawing up the quilt.


The Jungle Ave fabrics are mixed in here with a lot of other Art Gallery prints and blenders to give lots of variety in the prints I used.  And here is it in situ in Quilt Now which you can find at your local newsagent this month. 

Comments

  1. You look great in a Magazine ;-) and the quilt is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how bright and happy it is!! And what a fabulous idea to put bricks on point!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brick quilts and yours looks beautiful in the bright fabrics. The magazine layout nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, it's beautiful, I love it so much. What is the new quilt hanger?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was SO IMPRESSED with the maths in this quilt, truly. It is going to be one of those very, very rare patterns that I follow to the exact letter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt! Really, really, really LOVE it. I feel it needs to become a feature in my new livingroom. I'm usually rubbish at following patterns but I'm going to try really hard to do this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really great use of the fabrics. I love that you've used a double border. It's just so bright and bold - it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love... any idea when the mag will be available digitally? Or can I buy the pattern ? Love love.. did I mention I love this piece? The look, the colors, the border, the everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you made the right decision to go more graphic (less fussy) with those prints! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun, bright, colourful quilt! It looks fantastic in the magazine too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Hope you can use your original design for another quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunglasses quilts are my kind of quilts - this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dots print as a frame - looks like a filmstrip so I'm releasing my coveted camera novelty prints and chopping them up to make a camera film strip version - just ordered the dotty Jungle Avenue to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)