Monday, 30 September 2013
Sunday, 29 September 2013
- Leave a comment letting me know what you would make with these fabrics.
- Be specific about your idea. We won't pick someone who says "I want to make a quilt" but might pick someone who says "I have in mind a quilt with ohio star blocks and I would mix the Oakshotts with low volume text prints".
- After a few days, we will pick our favourite project suggestion and one person will be sent the bundle.
- All we ask of you is that you write a guest post for this blog containing photos of the finished item and a tutorial showing us how you made it within one month of receipt of the Oakshotts.
Saturday, 28 September 2013
Friday, 27 September 2013
Called Floral Impressions, the BOM is designed by Deborah Kimball and made using one Fat Quarter of Oakshott Impressions (see image below) and two and a half metres of background fabric.
... how to embroider a whole host of different stitches ...
... includes 20 beautiful projects ...
... and for someone who's a dedicated quilter with not a single embroidery bone in her body, I love that the projects are fresh, bright and clean - no fussy old fashioned stuff in here. (Josie, this horse was what I was telling you about!).
And if you'd like a chance to win not only this fabulous book but also this stack of embroidery floss (see image below) to get you started or to add to your collection, leave a comment here and I'll pick a winner in a week. And just to keep me laughing, please tell me something embarrassing about yourself or something embarrassing that once happened to you. I love those stories the best.
Tuesday, 24 September 2013
Monday, 23 September 2013
100 main blocks, some classics and some new ones and four variations on each block.
Saturday, 21 September 2013
After a fabulous trial issue, Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine is launching as a monthly. Subscriptions purchased on or before 27 September will start from issue 1.
To find out more and subscribe, click on this link. There is a special £5 for 3 issues offer for UK subscribers and offers for subscribers outside the UK too. I can't tell you much about this issue although I can secretly whisper that I am pretty excited about a regular feature which I'd love you to make along with me...
Friday, 20 September 2013
To find all the previous blocks, fabric requirements and information, click on the link above or on the button below.
Thursday, 19 September 2013
There's an interview with me to accompany the book on the blog of the book which you can find here if you're interested.
And there's a quilt somewhere in the US which started with a pile of Shelburne Falls by Denyse Schmidt from Fat Quarter Shop but I can only post a sneak peek of that right now.
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
- background fabric, cut your square about an inch or so bigger than you require your finished block to be so you have room to trim when you're finished;
- circle fabric, cut a square about an inch bigger than the size (diameter) circle you want;
- freezer paper, cut a square about 2 or 3 inches bigger than your finished circle size;
- glue stick, Frixion pen (or other disappearing marker); and
Again, many thanks to Lynne, and to Oakshott for the great opportunity to work with the Impressions Shot Cottons. Such gorgeous fabrics, I think they'd make anything look good.