Abakhan Projects on a Budget

In this economic climate, we are all thinking about what we can and cannot afford to make, what fabrics we can and cannot buy, what notions etc.  Well how about coming up with some ideas for projects on a budget?  THIS FEATURE IS NOW OPEN WORLDWIDE.  Here's the idea.  You head on over to Abakhan Fabrics and pick out £20 worth of anything that takes your eye.  We send it to you free, you make, photograph and write a tutorial to go on my blog.


So here's what you need to do:

1.   You can now be anywhere in the world to participate in this challenge!
2.   Leave a comment on this post telling me what you would like to make using £20 worth of anything from Abakhan.
3.   In a few days from today, I will choose a winner who will have one month to choose their booty from Abakhan, make something and write a tutorial.
4.   Don't be disheartened if I do not pick your idea this month, there are always other months.
6.   The item can be anything at all - clothing, quilted or non quilted items - anything crafty at all really.
7.   Be as original, as traditional, as creative or as simple as you like.
8.   And this month's theme is Christmas.

Comments

  1. What a fun event! I would purchase fabric and batting to make some cute quilted buckets and use the rest of the money to fill the buckets with crafty supplies for my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some fabric and stuffing - I have a great idea to get the kids help in making some decorations for their teachers and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would purchase fabric to make a nice bag just for me for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite fancy making a card holder, cover xmas tree shape out of cardboard with felt and then glue some xmas ribbon or green yarn, attach some of those lovely xmas pegs and voila.... may actually make it anyway, could use a card rack :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun, I would make matching cushion covers for the sofa... one white one red with an appliquéd felt Christmas design on each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is in college and I would like to make travel jewelry cases for her and her roommates. They love their jewels and this would be a cute way to keep them separate and untangled when they come home for a long weekend, holiday breaks, or go somewhere for Spring break. Thanks for a clever and generous giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would get a combination of fabric and yarn and make various Christmas tree decorations...we're in need of some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would make a Christmas Indoor Croquet game! A bit like Alice in Wonderland but the flamingos would be stockings with something to stuff the foot - perhaps a handicap of more stuffing for little children less for grown ups! Economically, of course, they could double up as stockings! For the hoops, perhaps reindeer with long legs (doubling up as decorations) and for the balls...I can only think of snow balls at the moment which doesn't seem very original - maybe largish Christmas baubles that can hang on the tree between games. Thank you for introducing Abakhan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not yet made bunting, so this would be a great chance to make some Christmas bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see which project gets chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would buy fabric I make pillow covers and Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would buy fabric I make pillow covers and Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would buy polystyrene cones, piping and christmassy fabric and make corded tabletop Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)