A whole load of catch up

About two weeks ago I got sidetracked onto Flickr where I rashly signed up to the Scrappy Pincushion Swap and the Doll Quilt Swap and I have woefully neglected both my blog and google reader, being so caught up in the fun over there.  I have started on my pincushion and have got this far with four more to make and fill.
I have also started on the Doll Quilt for my partner and have got this far.  There are going to be three quilts hanging from washing lines suspended between the trees.  These trees, like my earlier trees, are inspired by Sleighd's fabulous tree quilt.
In other news, Ashley Boccuti made a fabulous union jack from the tutorial and is planning to use the block in her bee next June (she's a planner aheader I'm guessing):
In my Fresh Modern Bee, I have made two asterisk blocks from Jennifer's fabulous fabrics:
I have one more piece of news on the back burner at the moment which I will be able to break any day.  Let me just say three words as a hint:  Kona ... Solids ... UK.  Say no more.  Check back for details in the next few days.

P.S. If you are my doll quilt swap partner, I hope you have enough information between my Flickr faves, my mosaic, my photostream and my blog to give you some idea of what you feel like doing.  I am completely open minded about what might be made for me so please feel free to throw away the rule book and make anything you like - I know I will love it - don't stress or go round and round in circles.  I only started quilting in February so I haven't done much and I haven't seen much of what's around - so it will be easy to surprise and please me!

Comments

  1. I've missed you! But I see you've been busy, busy, busy. I figured you were laying about with a box of chocolates and watching talk shows all day. Glad I was wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...can I be your partner?? Your quilt sounds gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL above was removed due to crap spelling!

    Oh my giddy aunt, first off, I can't believe you have started already and secondly I AM SPARTACUS! Oh, please, please, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Erin!....Can I be your partner???...That is going to be one cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt and your blocks and that pincushion idea is just too cute (love that 'love' on it too!) And teasing us with Kona - Solids - UK... come ON !! You know how curious I get!! ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pincushionn and gorgeous quilt Lynne, will look forward to seeing it finished ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne, I thought you'd gone quiet, there is just way too much out there to get involved with - reign yourself in Mrs! Says she the queen of swaps who coincidentally should be swapped out by the weekend. Good job really as I have a wedding dress to make!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's back! She's back! She's back! Yippeee. I missed you. I love the pin cushion and wish I needed one so I could ask for one. Mmm. Maybe I do need one actually...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE my UJ blocks! And as a matter of fact, my hubby has commented more than once about them and how cool they are going to look in my bee quilt. He rarely comments about quilt blocks so consider yourself very special LOL!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)