Quilt Story, Flickr news and an anniversary

Heather and Megan at quilt story are featuring my UK I'm Blushing quilt today which was made using Natalia Bonner's fabulous moda bake shop tutorial.  The site showcases different people's quilts and tells the story behind them.  Click the link below to take you to their blog, Quilt Story:



I am also still working on my Flickr swaps.  My pincushions are now finished for the Scrappy Pincushion Swap:




And I have made two miniature quilts to be hung from the washing line hung between the trees in my "World without quilts" quilt for the doll quilt swap:




Susan Sobon, aka Chickenfoot, has come up with a new challenge this morning which is to make a quilt from or inspired by a picture or the colours in a picture.  I am thinking of using this picture of Piazza Campo Dei Fiori in Rome which hangs on my sitting room wall as a starting point.  Rome is my favourite city; I lived there for a year when I was 24 - first as an au pair until I was sacked for laziness and then as an English teacher where I used to teach the students stuff like: "up your bum" means stand up. I have matured since.




And finally, we celebrated my daughter's 8 year anniversary last night - 8 years since we brought her home from hospital where she had been for seven long months since she was born.  Here she is with her twin sister sitting in the courtyard last night stuffing their faces with double chocolate cookies before we went out to build a bear followed by Pizza Express.  

Comments

  1. What an eventful post- congrats on the feature. Enjoy your special anniversard for your daughter, v emotional x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pincusion! What a grand idea. Happy anniversary too. Lovely milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the girls!!! Great pin cushion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the newly made goodies, and happy birthday (or as you say anniversary) to your beautiful daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne, I never realised one of your girls was on the NNU for so long, no wonder it's close to your heart. Congrats on a special anniversary! Justine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please please please make a quilt of that picture of Campo... and then send it to me! :)

    That's where my hubby and I met - we were both studying there. Oh and you'd have to make sure that ugly statue of Bruno is in it too. :) Lovely to see a picture/drawing of it without the fruit market set up... as we met in the evening. Way cool.

    Now I'm off to read your Quiltstory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pincushions are lovely! Quite cheerful colours :)
    Happy anniversary to your daughter! They both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary to Eve who looks like Queen of Cool with straight hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pincushions and the mini quilts, especially the circle one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Lily on your lovely creations I must say your house looks lovely and clean x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)