My week on Instagram

And so for those of you not on instagram (if not, why not?), I'm lilysquilts over there.  So this week, I got my hands on the latest issue of Quilt Now with my quilt on the cover made from Cherie by the very lovely Frances Newcombe.  There are so many gorgeous prints in that line and many which I need to stash for future projects.  


Next up was the quilt I made for Makower using their new cats line.  Now I will confess right now that I'm not the biggest cat fabric fan but these are very cute and quite cartoony, not at all naff or kitsch.  Also they have a really lovely colour palette.  First is the design I drew up on Touchdraw


Second is the quilt itself, hanging over my quilt-hanging fence.  

  

And third is the quilting - this time a way cross hatch using my go-to quilting thread - a cream Aurifil 50wt. 

Later on in the week I had a surprise parcel from Oakshott.  There is little to beat a surprise delivery from Oakshott.  This time it was a FQ and an F8th bundle of their new Scandinavia line - woven with a cream thread, these colours are impossibly gentle and beautifully low volume. 


At the weekend I had a bit of a union jack tea cosy frenzy and actually made four although only two are shown here today.  I'm teaching this pattern at Simply Solids in April so wanted to be sure I remembered what I was supposed to be doing.  I also needed a replacement for the one I set on fire on Christmas Day but that's another story.  The first was made from Katy Jones beautiful Priory Square fabrics.

And the second was made from some vintagey fabrics from Polka Dot Tea fabrics in Australia.  

And finally I always like to pick my four faves from any new magazine and this month's favourites from Quilt Now came courtesy of Katy Jones, John Adams, Reene Witchard and Jane Davidson.

See you next week! 

Comments

  1. ooooh tell us the tea cosy fire story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have set a tea towel on fire in the past but never a tea cosy. Please tell all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten around to instagram because I am a blogger and that is what I like - I'm checking my phone often enough for e mail and things don't want to add one more thing to that list I've got enough to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get a quilt-hanging fence! Congrats on your magazine cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not on Instagram because, like Karen, I like to blog and frankly, I've realized that this social media apps take a lot of time and I'd rather be quilting. Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you still blog. Like a couple of the girls above, I like blogs, I want to get to know someone and I think a blog can me more intimate. OH yeah and the other reason, I don't have a phone. I don't think I should have to have one to enjoy quilting when there are tons of sights that don't exclude you from them because of a piece of technology. I know that I will have one some day maybe but really why do you choose to go there knowing that not all your followers can go there??? same turn around I guess. I think pintrest and flickr and numerous other social media should cover it. Until some day I will still come here to read what you have to say so don't go away!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your Union Jack tea cosies on IG. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How strange, I first found your blog when you were running your Union Jack tutorial and made a few cushions. I've been away from blogland for a while and am back, thinking I need to make a new tea cosy and what do you know? You're doing both! Spooky. Love your work - am envious of your life amongst beautiful fabrics and creativity x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not on Instagram because I downloaded the APP and I worked and worked and worked trying to sign up for an account, trying to login with my Facebook account - anything to get logged in until I got my knickers in a knot - and flat gave up and haven't tried again - I guess that old female dog can't learn new tricks - and I used to be a computer programmer and tester

    ReplyDelete
  10. A surprise package from Oakshott!! Nothing better!
    I do both IG and reading blogs, but I do prefer reading blogs because they wait for me to read at leisure while IG is easily missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Instagram but like you do a wee catch up on my blog every so often - all the little minutae seem to get recorded on IG and I do like having them blog-archived. And, yes, you must tell the tea cosy on fire story. I set myself on fire once making me and my brother omelettes. True.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely week! I think we all need to know how you set fire to your tea cosy, though...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)