Union Jack Pillow typos

GAH!  How ever many times I read and re-read a pattern, I seem to be unable to spot the glaring errors.  For anyone making the union jack pillow from my London classes, there are a couple of typos in there which will be corrected by the time we go to e-print.  Please leave a comment on this post if you were in my class and would like me to email you a set of the amended instructions.  Or you can await your London Retreat Issue of Fat Quarterly which you will be receiving shortly ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE if you were at the retreat or will be available to buy for non-attendees.


In the meantime:

Section 2.2 of the printed instructions should read as follows:

Paper piece each of the four templates using: 
• The A fabric triangles for sections 1 and 5; 
• The 2” B fabric strips for section 3; 
• The 2” C fabric strips for sections 2 on template A and 4 on template B; and 
• The 1½” C fabric strips for sections 4 on template A, 2 on template B and sections 6 and 7 on both templates (using one strip to cover both sections 6 and 7).

And section 4 of the instructions should read as follows:

4.1 Attach the 2 ½” strips to the left and right ends of the flag, press and trim.
4.2  Sew the four 1 ½” strips of sashing fabric into two lengths of 44” and then sew to the top and bottom of the flag.  Press and trim.  Do not trim the pillow top to size until it has been quilted.


Comments

  1. Yay! No worries, the Zakka style book recently had a list of errata and that is a book! So as long as you have it all ironed out before your own book goes to print it will be ok !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie can i tell you how much i still sew enjoy your pillow my fav of sll time....you anf pillows are synonymous..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I think I"ll wait for the special fat quarterly edition. I will also need someone to hold my hand while I make the missing 3 quarters of my Union Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, do they end up with a Welsh flag if they don't alter the instructions? Maybe it was LSWH? ;o)

    Anywho, if people didn't ever make mistakes, I'd be out of a job, so consider yourself keeping people in employment :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so that's why it didn't come out right when I tried it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The delights of writing a pattern- I always have at least 2 or more in your face errors and I don't see them and often neither does Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are not quite perfect - the pattern is still the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can wait thank you; oh this time last week... :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pillow--the limey green is just sublimey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, boy, you have the same disease as me - can't see the errors or missing things that are jumping off the page

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all know typos hide in plain sight - the little devils!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! A great tip for finding errors is to read the text backwards. Your eyes skip over words when going forwards, by reading backwards it alters your seeing pattern and you can see all mistakes with ease =D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. There is one extra day to enter =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't spot a typo if it hit me on the arse!! I have plans to finish my pillow up this week, when I finally get over holiday blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so hard to spot typos and then when they're pointed out (or you notice them) you wonder why you didn't see them the first (and second...and third...) time - I think they hide and leap out when you're not looking! Love that pillow cushion thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was not at the FQly retreat (thanks yet again for the reminder of what I missed), however you have my email address for sending corrections, and the rest of the instructions along with them, so I can feel special when I make a Lilysquilts union jack pillow, too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)