What went on at Ally Pally

I've just got back from a weekend working at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace (known as Ally Pally) in London.  I work for Sizzix demonstrating their die cutting machines on the Lady Sew And Sew stand, selling the machines and dies for Lady Sew And Sew.   It is always exhausting but always a huge amount of fun.  I'm on my feet for the whole of the five days of the show chatting to people about the Sizzix Big Shot.  I am now completely hoarse and my legs were fizzing with ache for a couple of days after.  Occasionally when I conked out, Nel Whatmore would take over from me.


There is always quite a buzz around the Lady Sew And Sew stand and this time was no exception as we had Freespirit fabric designer Nel Whatmore and The Great British Sewing Bee's contestant Stuart Hillard in residence and a visit on the Saturday from Zandra Rhodes, fashion designer.

 

There are two sides to the Lady Sew And Sew stand - my side where we sell Sizzix Big Shots, notions, fusibles, waddings, interfacings and all sorts of fabrics, kits and bundles.

 

And the other side which is pretty much a wall of Freespirit fabric run in conjunction with Coats in the UK.  Whereas I am limited to wearing a pale blue Sizzix shirt over black, the Coats crew tend to wear dresses made from Freespirit fabrics which really brightens up their side of the stand.

 

The highlights of the shows are always for me the people I get to chat on the stand and the people I work with during the weekend.  But for this show, the extra special highlight of the whole weekend for me was that Ally Pally is around the corner from my sister's house so I was able to walk "home" each night and sit chatting and laughing with her and her four wonderful daughters, one of whom came along to the show on the Sunday morning.

 

Hope to see you there next year!

Comments

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaargh, welling again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like hard work and lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and what a great place to be. Put your legs up and rest for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Standing all day is seriously much more difficult than walking! Plus, the blisters you must have from cranking that Sissix for hours ; )!!!! Your IG pics made it look like a lot of fun, though. Rest up and enjoy the country life again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a very tiring four days that were full of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you wear the shirt at home too, just because you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went on Sunday and was shattered by about 3! I am in great admiration for you managing to still be upright and smiling after 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love working at Ally Pali but been retired nearly 8 years now. Will be going to the K & S in Harrogate but don`t think Lady Sew and Sew go that one so will have to wait till Sewing for pleasure before I see their stand again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great event, and such a lovely bunch of ladies!!! So glad!!! XX!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)