Abakhan Projects on a Budget

In this economic climate, we are all thinking about what we can and cannot afford to make, what fabrics we can and cannot buy, what notions etc.  Well how about coming up with some ideas for projects on a budget?  THIS FEATURE IS NOW OPEN WORLDWIDE.  Here's the idea.  You head on over to Abakhan Fabrics and pick out £20 worth of anything that takes your eye.  We send it to you free, you make, photograph and write a tutorial to go on my blog.  And of course there's a button.  I do love a button.


So here's what you need to do:

1.   You can now be anywhere in the world to participate in this challenge!
2.   Leave a comment on this post telling me what you would like to make using £20 worth of anything from Abakhan.  eg. I would like to make a knitted tea cosy or I would like to make a pair of winter warmer slippers.
3.   In a few days from today, we will choose a winner who will have one month to choose their booty from Abakhan, make something and write a tutorial.
4.   Don't be disheartened if we do not pick your idea this month, there are always other months.
6.   The item can be anything at all - clothing, quilted or non quilted items - anything crafty at all really.
7.   Be as original, as traditional, as creative or as simple as you like.
8.   And this month's theme is WINTER WARMERS inspired by the polar fleeces on the Abakhan home page.  So not quite Christmas yet but anything warm and wintery you can come up with.

Comments

  1. I have a friend who is having a baby next year and I think it would be lots of fun to put a fun spin on traditional receiving blankets and step it up a notch by doing a wonky log cabin, fleece receiving blanket (or two!). Wouldn't that me a great alternative to all of the boring, thin ones out there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have one of those pretty KitchenAid mixers, I would like to sew a nice linen cover for my not-so-pretty Kenwood stand mixer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a cute kids winter poncho made from one of those lovely polar fleeces with a big pocket on the front for keeping their hands snuggly warm! Ange : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would make polarfleece mittens with strings to hang around the neck so they don't disappear when I'm in the shop or for the kids who take them off and on all the time. I would even make a cozy for the water bottle to take to bed in cold winter nights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would make a quillow with the lovely fleece and some fabric so that I could snuggle up on the could winter nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would make a fleece top for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to make a quilted hot water bottle cover and would love to participate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to crochet a big snuggly cardigan to get wrapped up in on those winter evenings in front of the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm winter hats for my little boys and my little nephew in colours matching their winter jackets ;o) For my eldest I might be tempted to make one of those dinosaur hats. Dinosaurs are a huge hit around here presently ;o)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I would so make a couple of blankets for my cousins who are both having babies in the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As much as I'd love to participate, my schedule and commitments between now and the end of the year would not allow it. However, I'd probably make a comfy cozy bathrobe with the polar fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would make crazy ski hats and steering wheel covers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd make a dog coat for my border collie--he gets such a drippy nose when cold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)