Countdown to London Test Post

I am supposed to be posting a countdown clock over on the Fat Quarterly blog - counting down until tickets close but it keeps going wrong so I'm going to make my mistakes on my readers because I know you like to laugh at my incompetence.  OK so here's my test post...

Ticket Sales for the Fat Quarterly London Retreat close on 22 May at 6pm. Here is the official Ticket Sales Closing Countdown Clock. Don't Delay...




In three short weeks the Fat Quarterly gang plus assorted teachers plus a lot of you descend on London for a weekend of fun, sewing, chatting, sewing, swapping, competing, quilting and probably a bit more sewing. This post is scattered with pictures of what you can learn in the workshops taking place over the weekend.


Tickets sales close in just over ten day's time so, if you've been umm-ing and ahh-ing, now is the time to get off the fence and book your place. Go here to book your tickets and then go here to the event's Flickr page to find out who else is going, where we're going on Friday night, who's arriving when and who's staying in which hotel.


The one thing that we have all agreed on is that no-one will be alone during the weekend, no-one will be sat in the corner friendless.


Our one big emphasis on this weekend is for there to be no cliques, no "cool" gangs, no "in crowd".


So if you weren't going to come because you won't know anybody there, a lot of us will be in that exact same boat.


If you weren't going to go because you're only a beginner and don't think you're good enough, a lot of people are feeling that way and that's why we're going to be teaching - we want beginners there so we can teach them stuff.


So go on, take a deep breath, click and buy and come and join us in London on Jubilee weekend.

Comments

  1. Seems to be working Lynne! Now I am panicking! I'm not ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the iPad it looks like a black rectangle, but don't worry, I have my ticket already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's working - and you know if you have any trouble with code, I'll help you if I can.
    Also, I borrowed a pic of yours yesterday on the blog, but I only said nice things about it! Art? or Craft? post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could. Excellent countdown clock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely come if I wasn't going to be on holiday! Do hope there will be another one some time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I soooo WISH I was coming, lots of photo's pleeeaase xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The counter is very cool! The retreat is going to be great fun, I hope lots more people sign up and come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't that be fun....a bit far to travel...but it would be a lark. Have a great time everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would if I could ~ but no holiday for me this year. Darn.
    Love that first quilt ~ stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This clock is my countdown to sadness that I won't be there. I will be thinking of all of you and all the fun sewing and chatting that will be going on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who's is that lovely brown cushion? (Im not even being sarcastic... I really like it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I didn't live across the ocean...maybe something to plan for someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like SUCH fun. I was just having a panic attack this morning about what to WEAR to meet people for the first time at Market. Seriously ridiculous. It IS ridiculous, right??

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like a too good time to miss, but sadly I won't be able to attend--maybe someday. Recently, I attended the Annual AQS Quilt Show in Paducah, KY, and really enjoyed meeting quilters from other parts of the world. Oh, and the quilts were unbelievably beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how I wish... I LOVE that you all are trying to keep cliques to a minimum. It's so overwhelming to walk into a room where everyone else seems to know everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should probably mention which time zone that 6pm is, looks like midnight here?

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like sooooo much fun...wish I could joing you, but cant make it . Have a great time!
    Love your count down clock...then you can reset it for the Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like it's working here too, I'm slowly putting fabric in zip bags but now moving onto what to pack clothes wise :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Add me to those who wish they could come, and hoping for photos. It looks so much fun. Fun clock too!

    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a bunch of super projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool clock!
    My folks won't let me go...they think the price is too high for the ticket! =(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have you started packing yet?! I love the projects for the workshops - the classes look like they're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. black rectangle on chrome, perfick on firefox, with me ...

    What a lot of loveliness it will be ...

    I shall be there utterly in spirit, and expect live tweeting of every bobbin rev.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)