Hex hex hex

My version of Katy's Hexy MF quilt, to be called "I never promised you a rose garden", is well under way.  Here it is scattered in the floor.

Untitled

Large hex flowers: 1 out of 4 made
Medium hexies (plus black spacing hexies): 20 out of 37 made
Small hex flowers: 5 out of 12 made
Leaves: 20 out of 32 made (using the freezer paper method for preparing applique shapes)
Circle buds: 17 out of 20 made (using the same method)
Vines: 0 out of 4 made

Total shapes made: 63 out of 109 = 58% so just over half way in making the shapes although I will need to applique them all on of course, as well as joining all the medium hex flowers into one big hexagon.  As a reminder, this is where I'm headed.



Comments

  1. These are beautiful! I love your choice of background fabric - inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG have you slept, all that preparation of the hexagons and hand sewing! Just to say it is looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some serious progress! And it'll be so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's coming out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be phenomenal. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I beg your pardon.... - you never fail to amaze me - Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that setting! Can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are cruising! It must be the springtime burst of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s amazing, love it, colours, fabrics, and te way you seem to achieve this in a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Rose Garden is flowering beautifully. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are coming right along...one of my favorite patterns. Looks great!
    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are headed to Fabulousland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the makings of an awesome quilt! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. I've just decided cutting templates is not any fun, so I've ordered 75 paper hexies, and I'm starting on mine as soon as they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little compulsive maybe? It is going to be wonderful, and you will be done soon at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for loads of progress. Loving the texty backing

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's gonna be so awesome!! Well, it already is, but when finished it will blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, what can I say?? This is going to be j-u-s-t amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your quilt will be wonderful. Currently working on giant hexies myself : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATULAÇÕES,está uma maravilha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Serious hand stitching progress here - I take it you are away from your sewing machine, hovering around on studying supervision duties
    Great progress Lynne, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, fantastic inspiration! Excuse me while I go and find my fabric stash.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)