Interfacings, Interlinings and so on

If you need advice, help and a good range of interfacings, interlinings, waddings, battings, pellon, fusibles etc, then Julia at Gone to Earth is the person you need to speak to.  Last week I was making my first ever bag (pictures to follow before too very long) and got great advice from Julia on what I need to line the linen outer with, what to line the lining with to make the bag sturdier and what to use in the base so that the bag actually stands on its own too feet rather than being all flippy, flappy and floppy.  And her new fusible wadding makes pillow making so quick and easy, a new favourite for me.

She also has a lovely range of fabrics, bundles and haberdashery worth a browse while you're visiting.  My current favourite being this Jenean Morrison Wild World bundle.


Comments

  1. I was wondering what happened to your bag project - can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not much worse in life, than a floppy bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interfacing, interlining when to use what and when.... Now there's an idea for a tutorial Lynne. Di xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)