FQS sales and Jaunty Jack

I have mentioned before that Kimberley from the Fat Quarter Shop appears to have weekly 50% off sales which are available only to her twitter followers.  If you do not follow her on twitter, I will try to remember to mention on the blog any that might be of interest to you.  I bought the Lakehouse Penelope FQ bundle which I am using for the Hexalong in a 50% off sale so a bundle of something like 20FQs cost me $50 (including shipping to the UK) which is about £30.  Anyway until tonight you can get 50% off Metro Market by Monaluna with the code METROMARKET.

And because I don't like a post without pictures, here is a mini quilt I whipped up for a friend yesterday from Happy Mochi Yum Yum.  While I was making it, I got that old song on my mind - only my mind changed the words so I was singing "last night I heard my mama singing a song, whoa-wee, happy mochi yum yum, woke up this morning and my mama was gone whoa-wee happy mochi yum yum churrup".  Do you ever do that?

Jaunty Jack

Comments

  1. Um... in answer to the question... NO!
    Lovely mini thoughx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but now that song is going through my head and will do all day ...probably! So thanks Lynne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no. I wouldn't do such a thing because I'm far more sensible than you and don't drink a bottle of gin for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. er ... yes ..!!

    confession: While I was cutting my Echino journal cover I kept singing "When the Moon's in the sky, like a big pizza pie, that's Echino!"

    eek -- better cut out that breakfast gin I guess ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't do the twitter thing you can follow FQS on Facebook for the same deals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol yup... have done that myself from time to time.. slanty Jack is lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I confess to silly singing too!
    Your Jacks are growing on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Songs get trapped in my head quite often and with little boys in my house, there are always new renditions. Music makes the world go round...

    Boy, what I wouldn't do to be able to "whip up" a mini quilt in a day. I was able to cut and piece a single block yesterday and I felt like I had had much needed crack. There, I said it. Sewing in my crack. And when I'm really tired, a little crack does my spirit good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Katy. Everyone knows rum is best with waffles. This quiltie is cool bananas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I needed a new song in my head. Too bad I have no idea what yours is. Nice whippin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No I never, (do that) but sound like fun to me. To each one its own. :) Love to hear people happy, it makes my day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)